Include The Kidney Foundation in Your Next Celebration
In this day and age, planning an event can be quite a detailed and extraordinary task. One of the small details that often gets overlooked, is the concept of giving a favour, a small token of your appreciation to your guests for attending your party or celebration. No one wants to give their guests something that they will never use and they often don't want to waste money on something that is disposable. Many people attend several events a year so there are only so many knick-knacks a person can collect in their home. Why not let The Kidney Foundation of Canada help you?
Consider making a donation to The Kidney Foundation of Canada in lieu of these favours. There are many reasons this is a fantastic idea:
1) In lieu of favours is a simple process, saving you time to focus on the many other important details of the occasion
2) It’s an original idea
3) You can honour or memorialize a loved one with kidney disease or who has received or given the gift of life
4) You will feel good knowing that you are donating to a worthy cause and your guests will appreciate the gesture
In return for your contribution, you will receive elegant and professionally made cards with raised black ink to notify your guests that you have made a donation in lieu of favours.
The process is simple. To get started, fill out the online request form detailing information such as the the type, quantity and colour of your cards. A Kidney Foundation representative will contact you within 48-72 hours to verify the details of your request and to review the wording you would like on your cards. Some proofs with a few different font choices will then be emailed to you for your approval. Once you have chosen your preferred proof, allow 3-4 weeks for delivery to your local Kidney Foundation Chapter or to be mailed to your home.
In lieu of favours can be done for just about any occasion such as a wedding, bridal or baby shower, anniversary party, birthday party, celebration of an organ transplant, bar or bat mitzvah, graduation, communion party, or whatever your heart desires! The Kidney Foundation looks forward to assisting you in making your celebration a special one.
Please note that we will require 4 to 6 weeks notice in order to completely fulfill your request.
Click here for Formatting and Wording options
Click here to place your order for In Lieu of Favours
For more information about The Kidney Foundation's My Celebration Program:
Call 1.800.387.4474 ext. 4660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Ways You Can Make a Difference:
1) If you are the guest of honour at an event and do not wish to receive gifts, consider asking your guests to make a donation to The Kidney Foundation of Canada instead of buying you a gift. Please contact your local Kidney Foundation Chapter to provide you with donation cards and envelopes to facilitate this request.
2) Instead of the traditional glass clinging, have guests drop money into a donation box situated near the head table to get the couple to kiss.
3) Instead of searching for elaborate gifts for your wedding attendants, donate the money you would have spent and write them a thoughtful and meaningful card instead. Please contact 1.800.387.4474 ext.4660 to provide you with blank note cards to help you facilitate this request.