The Kidney Foundation of Canada has a comprehensive Recognition Program in place to honor volunteers, staff, individuals, researchers, groups and organizations across the country for their exceptional work on behalf of the Foundation. The latest recipients are listed below; names of previous recipients are available by consulting each individual award page.
The National Recognition Program
The 2016 recipients are:
- Dr. Adeera Levin - The National President's Award
- Andrew MacRitchie - The Harold W. Ashenmil Award
- Chris Gobeil | Kim Kearns - The David Ornstein Distinguished Service Award
- Dr. Brenda Hemmelgarn - The Dr. John B. Dossetor Research Award
- B.C. Branch of the Chinese Renal Association | Faye Clarke | Flaman Group of Companies | La Fondation de la Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec | Roger Wharmby - The Mary Lou Karley Patient Services Award
- B.C. & Yukon Branch of The Kidney Foundation of Canada | Dr. Isabelle Houde - The Kidney Foundation of Canada Organ Donation & Transplantation Award
- Global Edmonton | Ken Merkley - The Kidney Foundation of Canada Public Awareness Award
- Anne Brinkman | Dr. Adeera Levin - The Kidney Foundation of Canada Special Appreciation Award
- July Dorland | Rexall Foundation - The Kidney Foundation of Canada National Fund Development Award
The Bresinger Award of Excellence
The 2016 recipient is Karen Philp, British Columbia Branch.
The Medal for Research Excellence
The 2016 recipient is Dr. Marie-Josée Hébert.
The Gavin Turley Scholarship Fund
The 2015 recipient is Breanna Elliotson.